Monday, August 31, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
So the other night I was cutting material for my scrap quilt (my very first!!) when my mom began telling me about how she had hand sewn a quilt top when she was a teenager. She then dug it out of the closet along with a quilt made by her grandma and one made by her great aunt. I began gushing over them and so she told me I could have them! This made me so very happy!
This is 3 generations of quilts all at once!
The one that my mom made is especially meaningful to me because I know the woman who made it! :) This is a picture of my mom when she was 15 or so around the time that she sewed the quilt top. I am going to repair this and get it quilted so I can use it in my house. Thank you momma I will cherish it forever!
Monday, August 17, 2009
1. What two qualities do you want most in your future husband (besides being a Christian)? Patient and Welcoming.
2. Is there a fictional character you see as a model for your future husband? Clark from Love Comes Softly.
3. Where do you want your wedding? In a little country church close to home. I haven't picked one out yet though. :)
4. What are your views on courtship? I think whether you call it courtship or dating you should seek the will of the Lord and the advice and accountability from those who love you.
5. Do you have a purity ring/locket? No.
6. Do you have or want a hope chest? I have a cardboard box of garage sale finds. :)
7. Will you wear a veil at your wedding? I don't think so.
8. What kind of wedding dress do you want? Simple.
9. What color bridesmaid dresses do you want? It depends on what time of year I get married.
10. What flowers do you want in your bouquet? Carnations.
11. What do you want to name one of your daughters? I'm not sure
12. What do you want to name one of your sons? I like Walker, Jonah, and Hosea.
13. How many kids do you want? 2-5 (depending on how the first couple go ha)
14. What music do you want to play at your wedding? Alli Rogers - Praise the Lamb, Shane and Shane - Acres of Hope.
15. Are you a hopeless romantic? I don't think so unless I'm watching Anne of Green Gables. :)